Competitions for 2022 – 2023 Season
BSC Gala Shedule
|October 23 rd||Future Challenger||Douglas pool|
|TT for kids under 10yr|
|October 28 – 30||Dolphin Open||Mayfield|
|November 11 – 13th||Regional SC||UL|
|December 3/4th||Future Challenger||TBD|
|December 15 -17||Irish SC||NAC|
|January 20 – 22||Leinster Open D2 & D1 swimmers||NAC|
|January 29th||Future Challenger||Mayfield|
|February 4/5th||Munster Schools||UL|
|February 24 – 26th||Dave McCullagh||Bangor|
|March 11th||Future Challenger||TBD|
|March 25 -26th||Irish Schools||NAC|
|April 1 – 5th||Irish Open||NAC|
|April 22 – 23th||Kingdom Invitation||Tralee|
|May 5 – 7th||Munster Champs||UL|
|May 13th||John Dempsey Memorial||UL|
|May 27/28||Michael Bowle||Douglas|
|June 11th||Dolphin Minnows||Mayfield|
|July 5 – 9th||National D2||UL|
|July 26 – 30th||National D1||NAC|
Swimming Galas are held throughout the year. Coaches will select swimmers to enter these based on their ability and the criteria set out by Swim Ireland. Only swimmers that are registered as competitive will be eligible to be considered for gala entry.
Gala Day Information
Please note some important information and advice to make sure everyone is prepared and can enjoy the day.
- Please make sure each child eats a good breakfast before leaving the house on the morning of the Gala.
- Children will need to bring – Togs and goggles (spare pair of each if you have them), 2 towels, a t-shirt, shorts and a pair of flip flops and a club had as this enables the coaches to identify he swimmers in the water (available to purchase through the club).
- Please ensure your child brings a packed lunch (rolls, pasta etc.) include plenty of water (not fizzy drinks).
- When swimmers arrive at the pool please check in with the coach and team manager. All swimmers should try to sit together as a team. The team manager/coach will let swimmer know what heat and lane they are in. On finishing a race, swimmers should ask time keepers for their times and report back to the coach.
- It is important that after each race children have a shower and dry off, put on dry clothes and flip flops to keep warm between races. They should also drink plenty of water.
There should be no pressure put on any child to compete. Some will like it some might not. That is okay. Galas should be enjoyed, used to make new friends and soak up the atmosphere.
HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!